• International beach volleyball rules apply unless otherwise stated - see the attached link for international beach volleyball rules: http://www.fivb.org/EN/Refereeing-Rules/RulesOfTheGame_BVB.asp
Play 3 games (each game is worth one point) and each game is to 21 and win by 2 with a maximum score of 23
• Should time limit the third game, the leading team wins when time expires; alternatively captains may choose to only play a final game to 15, either way if times expires the leading team wins
• Rally point scoring
• One player of each gender required on court at all times. If you do not have at least one player of each gender on the court then you default 2 games. Teams have 5 minutes from the official start time to field a team else the default rules apply.
• Please be aware that ALL THREE games count towards the overall league standings and must be played. (i.e. DO NOT simply play a best 2 out of 3 game match).
• Any body contact anywhere on the net is a fault
• A player may not block or spike a serve.
A block counts as a hit/touch unless both captains mutually agree to waive this rule before the game starts.
• Players can open-hand volley a serve.
• A server may serve the ball from anywhere along the baseline. The serve will rotate from one team to the next at the start of each game. Screening is not allowed on a serve.
• All 4 players may spike the ball from anywhere on the court.
• A player may play the ball off any part of his/her body, including feet.
• Rotate new players in before your team starts a new server.
• Servers DO NOT rotate after five consecutive points. The same server continues to serve as long as his/her team successfully wins the point.
• Net serves ARE allowed. This means that if a serve hits the net but the motion of the ball carries it over the net, it is a live ball - it is not a service fault
• For players to be eligible for playoffs, they must have attended a min. of 3 regular season nights.
• Discrepancies: All games are self-refereed. Any disputes will be discussed amongst the two team captains. Please play honestly and call your own infractions (lift, net, etc). If a dispute cannot be settled the point should be re-served.
• Open handed tips are allowed, they must not be a lift.